For those who wish to pursue formal theological education, Eden Theological Seminary offers four degree programs and one dual degree program:
• Master of Divinity (M.Div.) is the degree prerequisite for ordination in many Christian denominations. This is a professional degree that integrates rigorous academic work with participation in and reflection upon the practice of ministry. It is expected that students enrolled in this degree program are engaged with their denomination in exploring some form of ordained ministry.
• Master of Theological Studies (M.T.S.) focuses on the biblical, historical and theological foundations of Christian faith. Students in this degree program focus on academic work and engage in faculty directed scholarly research.
• Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies (M.A.P.S.) focuses on theological reflection for the practice of ministry. This is a degree for persons who choose to serve as lay, diaconal or recognized ministers in a specialized form of ministry.
• Doctor of Ministry Degree (D.Min.) is an advanced degree for people with at least three years experience in ministry after receiving the M.Div. degree. This degree provides an opportunity for continued theological study and disciplined reflection on the practice of ministry.
• Dual Degree Program (M.Div. or M.A.P.S./M.S.W.) is designed for students to earn both a Master of Divinity or Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies degree from Eden Theological Seminary and Master of Social Work degree from George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri.
Request more information
For more information, please contact: