Doctor Of Ministry Criteria
The applicant for the Doctor of Ministry degree needs to demonstrate ability:
• To be expository, i.e., to set forth clearly a problem in the ministry and mission of the Church according to a theological discipline in concert with other disciplines.
• To be critical, i.e. to develop and apply criteria in relation to the Christian gospel by which the problem and discipline for study may be examined.
• To be constructive, i.e., to make recognizable contributions to new concepts, forms and practices of the Church’s ministry.
Minimum Requirements for Admission to the Doctor of Ministry Degree Program
The Association of Theological Schools has established minimum criteria for admission to Doctor of Ministry degree programs, and Eden Seminary adheres to these standards.
To be considered for admission to the Doctor of Ministry program, an applicant must:
• Present a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Present a B.D./M.Div. degree with a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale from an accredited school of theology
• Present a minimum of three years pastoral experience following completion of the B.D/M.Div. degree or its equivalent