Online Learning at Eden
Eden Seminary offers a minimum of one course per semester in an online or hybrid format. Please visit our Online Courses page for information about upcoming courses.
Steps for Enrollment
The steps toward enrolling in an Eden on-line class:
- Complete and send your Credit Non-Degree application to the Admissions Office at Eden Theological Seminary
- Request an official transcript be sent to Eden from all the institutions where you attended for undergraduate study
- Request a reference be sent to Eden by your pastor using the official reference form.
- Once you are accepted to Eden, you will receive information regarding registering for class and payment of tuition.
Your questions may be forwarded to Carol Shanks, Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-918-2501
Requirements for On-Line Students
- On-line students, like all Eden students, must have a bachelor’s
degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 2.70.
- Application deadline is 2 weeks prior to the first class.
Frequently Asked Questions about On-Line Learning
- Can I complete a degree at Eden on-line? No. Up to three on-line classes can be transferred into an Eden degree program.
- Can my credit non-degree on-line classes transfer into a degree program?
Yes. Up to four credit non-degree courses (12 credits) can be
transferred into a degree program. Three of those courses (9 credits)
can be on-line courses.
- Are there scholarships available for on-line classes? Scholarships are available only for students in degree programs.
- What is the cost of an on-line class? The tuition rate for the 2013-14 academic year is $495/credit hour. Tuition for a credit non-degree course is $1,485. Half of the
tuition is due at the time of registration, the other half is due
on the drop date, approximately three weeks after the beginning of the
- What is involved in an on-line course at Eden? There will be lectures, threaded discussions with required participation as well as papers and assignments.
- Must on-line students come to Eden campus at some point during the course? No on-campus time is required or needed.
- What is the frequency of lectures presented on-line? Three lectures will be added on-line each week. These lectures will remain on the site throughout the duration of the course.
- How do I purchase textbooks? Required textbooks will be noted in the course syllabus. Textbooks can be purchased and sent to you through the Eden Bookstore.