Admissions Requirements

Degrees & Programs
  • Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
  • Master of Theological Studies (M.T.S.)
  • Master of Arts in Professional Studies (M.A.P.S.)
  • Master of Community Leadership (M.C.L.)
  • Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
  • Credit Non-Degree
  • Dual Degree*

*A dual degree program is offered in conjunction with the George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University. Our Master of Divinity (M.Div.) or Master of Arts in Professional Studies (M.A.P.S.) degrees may be pursued with the Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree from Washington University.

Admissions Requirements for Our Programs
M.Div. M.A.P.S. M.T.S. M.C.L. D.Min. Non-Degree
Application fee $40 $40 $40 $40 $40 $40
Complete online application
Transcripts + GPA requirement 2.7 2.7 2.7 2.7 3.0 If applicable
References 2 2 2 2 3 1
Writing Sample General General General General Academic & Specific Personal
Personal Interview
Application Due Dates
  • Fall semester: August 5, 2024
  • Spring semester: November 15, 2024
  • Credit Non Degree: 1 week before each semester
  • International Applications: November 1 of the previous year. Fall admissions only.  Application of candidate requires previously established partner relationship of the Seminary with international sending church body.

NOTE: If you find that you would like to apply past an application due date, please email or call the Admissions Office.

Get in touch with us for questions about your application, application due dates, or information about course auditing.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-961-3627

References Rundown

Your references need to be someone who has known you two years or longer. They cannot be relatives, even if your pastor is a family member. We’ll personally email your references an online recommendation form, which they’ll fill out on your behalf.

Reference Checklist

  • Name, email, and phone number for each of your references
  • Let your references know we’ll be in touch with them and they will have to return a completed recommendation form

References Needed by Degree

  • Master of Divinity – Ministerial and Personal
  • Dual Degree – Ministerial and Personal
  • Master of Arts in Professional Studies – Ministerial and Personal
  • Master of Theological Studies – Academic and Personal
  • Master of Community Leadership – Professional and Personal
  • Doctor of Ministry – Denominational, Ministerial, and Personal
  • Credit Non-Degree – Personal

Types of References

Ministerial Reference – An ordained minister who has worked with you in a ministerial setting or capacity. This can be your supervisor but it’s not required. Examples include the pastor or youth pastor of your home church, pastor of your college church, or pastor of a church you once served.

Academic Reference – A professor, instructor, or faculty advisor you worked with during undergraduate or postgraduate study.

Personal Reference – Someone who has known you for a significant portion of your life and can attest to your character. This reference can also serve as a secondary academic, denominational, employer, or ministerial reference if you choose not to use a personal.

Professional Reference – Someone who has worked with you for a significant amount of time and can attest to your character. This reference can also serve as a secondary academic, denominational, or ministerial reference if you choose not to use a personal.

Denominational Reference – Someone who holds position in your denominational judicatory system and witnessed your ministerial service. Examples include associational minister, association committee member, or national office holder.

Writing Sample Rundown

You’ll also need to upload a writing sample with your application.

Types of Writing Samples

General Writing Sample –  This could be a final paper or thesis from your most recent degree, but the sample needs to be fewer than five years old. If you don’t have a previously written writing sample, you’ll need to create one.

If creating a new writing sample: in a three to five page essay, the Admissions Committee wants to know who you are as a person of faith: Who is God for you and how has your understanding of God developed over the course of your lifetime?

Personal Writing Sample – Describe why you want to attend Eden and what you aim to accomplish through the non-degree program. This sample needs to be at least one page, double spaced in length.

Specific Writing Sample – Doctor of Ministry Applicants Only. Click here to view the DMin Application Writing Information.

Need more clarity? Request information.