Program Manager, Walker Leadership Institute
The Walker Leadership Institute, at Eden Theological Seminary in Webster Groves, has an opening for a full time Program Manager. This position will work primarily Monday through Friday with occasional support of events and programs outside of regular working hours. This position reports to the Dean of the Seminary.
Full time positions are eligible for our generous employee benefits package including pension program, affordable health insurance and generous vacation time.
Working closely with the Dean of the Seminary, the Program Manager will implement and manage Walker Leadership Institute and Eden Seminary non-degree programs, classes and events. These include working with faculty and church, business and non-profit leaders in providing continuing education in theology, ministry and ethics. The Program Manager also will participate in developing, recruiting, marketing, and evaluating these programs and events.
- Organize and support Eden’s Program Development committee.
- Implement projects designed by Eden faculty and Walker leadership
- Manage events, classes, lectures and speakers, attend to project requirements and timelines
- Communicate Eden/Walker’s events via social media in conjunction with Eden’s processes
- Engage in market research for Eden/Walker projects
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in business, theology, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project management and program development in an education, non-profit or church setting
- Commitment to the Progressive Christian Movement and enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Walker Leadership Institute
- Good communication skills, use of social media
- Proven record of accomplishment of goals and projects
- Strategic and creative thinker and designer
- Ability to support the racial, economic, gender and religious diversity in the larger Eden community
- Strong collaborative and organizational skills
Please send inquiries and/or applications with cover letter and CV/resume to Dean Sharon Tan, [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Working at the intersection of faith and business, the Walker Leadership Institute at Eden Seminary equips business leaders with skills and experiences to guide their organizations in better serving the Common Good. The Institute partners with other academic, religious, and business groups to put together workshops, conferences and forums to identify, encourage, and activate community leadership. Our goal is to empower and connect communities.
Founded in 1850, Eden Theological Seminary has been educating women and men to become community leaders for almost 170 years, primarily through ordained Christian ministry. Eden offers a variety of professional and graduate degree programs including: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Professional Studies, Master of Theological Studies, Master of Community Leadership and Doctor of Ministry, among others. As one of the six seminaries of the United Church of Christ, Eden is a welcoming, inclusive and ecumenically diverse community.
Eden Theological Seminary is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about the Walker Leadership Institute.