Has something been tugging at your heart to go to seminary? Do you wonder if your idea to help your neighbor could grow into something meaningful? The world needs you in ministry, and that goes beyond a pulpit. Eden can help you realize your call. We have degrees that can be completed in as little as 18 months that will support your work in many ministerial contexts.
Eden Theological Seminary is part of the Progressive Christiann Movement, with a radically inclusive learning environment rooted in justice. Eden is committed to strengthening the life of the church in community by making accessible, accredited and affordable theological education available to all who seek to follow their call in ministry.
Eden Theological Seminary is making theological education grounded in the #ProgressiveChristianMovement, #RadicallyInclusive and #RootedInJustice a reality no matter where you are with HyFlex©!
HyFlex© gives students the opportunity to decide how they will attend courses based on their schedule and geographic location.
Eden is fully accredited for on-campus and for distance education in all degree programs.
- Synchronous classes run in real time, with students and professors attending together from different locations in Eden’s distinctive blended classrooms. From day-to-day students can decide how they engage their classroom.
- Asynchronous classes run on a more relaxed schedule, with students accessing class materials, faculty and other students during different hours and from different locations.
- On-campus students can attend classes via HyFlex© by sitting in a classroom, in the Luhr Reading Room, from the Schroer Commons or anywhere they want to use synchronous or asynchronous options.
Eden Theological Seminary is happy to share in the accountability of educational standards by no less than five academic partners. We continue to seek ways to excel in the our role as leading provider of theological education for the established, emerging and future Church in community.
- Eden Theological Seminary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada
- Eden Theological Seminary has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
- Eden is approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
Eden is unique because it cares for the emerging church, the current church and the future communities they will serve.
- Eden provides an excellent Contextual Education program for students considering church, community and nonprofit leadership. For example, see our MDiv Contextual Education Program Road Map.
- Eden graduates report on the lifelong relationships built while attending Eden.
- Eden values its ecumenical partners and students from all faith traditions.
- Eden has historically lived into a legacy defined by the following ideas:
- Eden charges less in fees than most Seminaries so graduates can serve the community and church in financial confidence.
- Eden ranks in the top tier of ATS accredited Seminaries who offer the most affordable degrees.
- 2023 – 2024 Tuition Rates at Eden for all degrees.
- Scholarships available
"*" indicates required fields