Before You Start
- Take a photo that you love! If you wouldn’t post your photo (unfiltered & unedited), then please take a new pic (that you love).
- Have a friend or family member take the photo using the standard camera on your phone.
- If the submitted photo does not meet our requirements, you will need to submit a new photo.
- No selfies, or images pulled from social media, sorry! Do not use wide-angle, portrait mode, live photo or HDR mode etc.
Step 1: Attire
Attire: Generally speaking, our grads will dress in their “Sunday best” for this composite photo. This will forever be in Eden’s archives!
Step 2: Lighting & Location
- GOOD LIGHTING IS KEY. If your photo is not well-lit we cannot use it. Pro tip: Stand facing a window. Do not stand under bright, harsh lighting.
- Natural, even lighting is best. Using unnatural light may cause discoloration.
- Try and find a background that is less busy. Pro tip: Avoid a wall that is the same color as your hair.
- Only use a flash if it’s not possible to get a well-lit photo without one.
Step 3: Spacing & Cropping
- Both shoulders, and your entire torso should be visible.
- Make sure there is space above your head.
- Stand about 2’ from the wall if possible.
- Do not crop your photo.
Step 4: Your Final Photo
- Send your photo at “actual size” – uncompressed, if using a smartphone.
- Do not edit your photo (no filters, facetune, etc).