Eden Theological Seminary is committed to strengthening the life of the church in community by making accredited, accessible and affordable theological education available to all who seek to engage critically the call to faith formation, while supporting the Progressive Christian Movement, in a radically inclusive learning environment rooted in justice.
Why Eden Now? Focused on spiritual formation that challenges faithful people to work side-by-side, encouraged to risk self for the greater good and convicted to lead others toward peace and love for one another – Eden Theological Seminary has faced the hard issues directly for over 171 years.
In a time when social distancing and state restrictions are a fluid endeavor for the safety of us all, Eden Theological Seminary is making theological education grounded in the #ProgressiveChristianMovement, #RadicallyInclusive and #RootedInJustice a reality no matter where you are with HyFlex©!
HyFlex© gives students the opportunity to decide how they will attend courses based on their schedule.
- Synchronous classes run in real time, with students and professors attending together from different locations. From day-to-day students can decide how they engage their classroom.
- Asynchronous classes run on a more relaxed schedule, with students accessing class materials during different hours and from different locations.
- On-campus students can attend classes via HyFlex© by sitting in a classroom, in the Luhr Reading Room, from the Schroer Commons or anywhere they want to use synchronous or asynchronous options.
- Eden ranks in the top tier of ATS accredited Seminaries who offer the most affordable degrees.
- 2021 – 2022 Tuition Rates at Eden for all Master level degrees is $15,000 a year.
- Eden granted over $190,000 in scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year — and we aren’t done!
- Eden charges less in fees than most Seminaries so graduates can serve the community and church in financial confidence.
- Eden participated in the Lilly Foundation Initiative Economic Challenges Effective Ministers which worked to identify obstacles to reducing seminary student indebtedness.
Eden is unique because it cares for the emerging church, the current church and the future communities they will serve.
- Eden provides an excellent Contextual Education program for students considering church, community and nonprofit leadership. For example, see our MDiv Contextual Education Program Road Map.
- Eden graduates report on the lifelong relationships built while attending Eden.
- Eden is the only seminary to partner with Sankofa CPE Center, LiveFree and ACPE’s Innovation Lab grant to provide non-traditional ACPE accredited Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Eden values its ecumenical partners and students from all faith traditions.
- Eden has historically lived into a legacy defined by the following ideas:
Eden Theological Seminary is happy to share in the accountability of educational standards by no less than five academic partners. We continue to seek ways to excel in the our role as leading provider of theological education for the established, emerging and future Church in community.
- Eden Theological Seminary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada
- Eden Theological Seminary has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
- Eden is approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
- Eden Theological Seminary has partnered with the Sankofa CPE Center and LiveFree to bring ACPE accredited Clinical Pastoral Education to communities where it is needed the most.
At a time when communities are suffering from racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia and political unrest founded on false pretenses of Christian belief, Eden Theological Seminary has partnered with the Sankofa CPE Center and LiveFree to bring CPE to communities where it is needed the most.