New Sessions Forming Now!
- Spring 2022 Session: February 7, 2022 – June 24, 2022 (Session 2 of grant)
- Summer 2022 Session: July 11, 2022 – November 25, 2022 (Session 3 of grant)
- Fall 2022 Session: December 5, 2022 – April 21, 2023*
Eden has partnered with the ACPE Foundation Board with an Innovative Program Award grant, Sankofa CPE Center, LLC and LiveFree Illinois to offer virtual accredited CPE Training beginning Fall 2021.
The ACPE Innovation Lab has offered to provide up to $1,000 scholarships to eligible students who are participating in this 3-semester pilot program, through Eden Seminary. Scholarships will be applied after the semester add/drop date.
All interested persons are encouraged to read through the following criteria and apply soon!
REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA FOR EDEN’S CPE COURSE
You must meet the following criteria to enroll in this course:
- Be an enrolled Master Level or Doctoral level Eden Theological Seminary Student, OR
- Be an enrolled Credit Non-Degree Student.
- Students can apply to be a Credit Non-Degree student by applying at Credit Non-Degree Application.
You must complete the following steps to be considered for the CPE Course/1 Unit of CPE:
- Application for Clinical Pastoral Education found at ACPE Clinical Pastoral Education Application;
- 2021-2022 Application for ACPE Course Background Check and Insurance Authorization form (2021-2022 Application for ACPE Course Background Check and Insurance Authorization).
- Interview with CPE Program Director;
- Upon notification of acceptance to CPE Program, Complete Background Check (additional instructions provided), and
- Upon notification and approval of background check, Apply and pay for Liability Insurance at (proof of insurance is required prior to the start of class). The cost is $30.00 paid directly to Liability Insurance provider.
Scholarships are available!
For more information about Eden’s CPE Partnership, courses inquire, or additional questions take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Admissions Office at 314.918.2642 or 877.627.5652 and via email at [email protected].
Semester Charge for ACPE Program
|Eden 3 Credit Course Fee (3 credits @ $675/credit)||$2025.00|
|ACPE Program Fee||$2000.00|
|Background Check Fee||$50.00|
|Total Charged to Student Account||$4,075.00|
|Liability Insurance Fee (third-party provider)**||$30.00|
|Total Cost of CPE Program||$4,105.00|
*ACPE Innovation Grant is offered through Session three only.
** Paid directly to provider of Liability Insurance.
PAYMENT IN FULL FOR ACPE COURSES ARE DUE NO LATER THAN:
- December 21, 2021 (fall);
- May 14, 2022 (spring), and
- June 20, 2022 (summer).
Please note: Your balance must be paid in full to receive final grades and enroll in the following semester courses. Furthermore, no certificates, completion statement or documents will be released until the balance is paid in full.
Why Eden Now?
At a time when communities are suffering from racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, political unrest, and economic decline, Eden Theological Seminary has partnered with the Sankofa CPE Center and LiveFree to bring ACPE Accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) in a virtual format to a wider community where a diverse group of Chaplains are needed.